EMT Basic Intial and Refresher Courses
Registration deadline along with a minimum of $150.00 non-refundable deposit are due by June 1, 2018. Total cost will be $950.00 including the book and access to our EMS testing Site. (Course start date is June 11, 2018 - August 2, 2018). The registration packet and minimum deposit are required to reserve a spot in the course. (The course requires a minimum of 8 students and is limited to 20 students)
CPR Will be offered on June 1,2018 at Sanilac Medical Services Class Room from 9 am to 1:00 pm. If you have a current BLS card and do not need the certification class you will need provide a current copy of your CPR card and it must remain current during the length of the class.
You must have the required paper work submitted by June 1st , this includes a completed application, All current Immunization records, Current TB Test, Physical , copy of high school diploma or equivalent as listed below on prerequisites. NO Exception this must be completed prior to the start of class. You are required to put your deposit down and Make payment arrangements if needed on this day. If you have an organization funding your class please provide a letter stating this.
This EMT Course is designed to prepare you for a career in the field of pre-hospital patient care. Class will be meet at SMS every Monday , Tuesday and Thursday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm starting June 11, 2018 - August 2,2018. The course provides 192 hours of classroom time and 72 hours of clinical rotation (48 hours in EMS and 24 hours in Emergency Department). Upon successful completion of the program, participants will be eligible to take the National Registry Exam for license in the State of Michigan. Students will be expected to wear uniforms while in class and on clinical rotations. Cost of The course includes uniform shirt, clinical ID badges, and access to Platinum's EMS testing and computer adaptive testing.
- 18 years or older
- High School diploma or GED
- Valid Driver's License
- No felony convictions
- Negative TB test
- Up-to-Date vaccinations
- Drug Screen ( to be done just prior to going to clinical , this is at your cost.)
- You may have to supply additional documentation for a specific clinical site and that information will be provided .
- Be advised some clinical sited require the student to have a current flu vaccine.
Prerequisites due no later than June 1, 2018.
Fall EMT Course 2017 November 27,2017 to April 9 2018. Mandatory Orientation on November 8 from 5 pm to 10 pm
Mandatory Orientation will be held on November 8 2017 at Sanilac Medical Services with CPR to follow.
( If you have a valid AHA CPR certification you do not need to attend the CPR Portion)
This Course will begin on TBD at the Sanilac Medical Services Class Room. 171 Dawson St. Sandusky MI 48471. Each student is required to attend a Mandatory Orientation held 10-14 days prior to the beginning of class. at Sanilac Medical Services 171 Dawson Street, Sandusky, MI 48471. During orientation, the student will be provided with the text book, handbook, syllabus and any other educational materials needed. A $200.00 non refundable deposit is required at this time or the student will not be allowed to enrolled in the course. The student will sign any contracts for payment plans that are set up. CPR training will be provided to any candidate that does not have a valid AHA BLS card that will be valid through the end of the class. Please enroll on the site and plan to attend the orientation meeting.
Total Cost of this Course is $950.00 which includes the textbook, Platinum EMS Testing subscription, Clinical ID Badge and 1 Clinical Shirt (an additional $25.00 fee for the drug screen is required for clinical time and is not included into the cost of the class). Please download and print the application and submit prior to the orientation meeting.
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be high school graduate or have a GED
- Healthcare Provider CPR
- Pass a background check
- Pass a drug screen prior to clinical time (at candidates cost 25.00)
- Have a valid CPR BLS certification that will remain valid through the remainder of the course.
Candidates are required to submit the following records prior to or on the first day of class:
- Negative TB test within 1 year
- Proof of immunity to MMR & Varicella (Titers required)
- Proof of immunity to HepB (Titers required) or signed HepB declination
- Other lab tests and proof of health insurance may be required based on clinical site
- The cost for these lab tests will be in addition to regular tuition
- Copy of High School Diploma or GED
- Copy of Valid Drivers License.